We’re hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
From idea to Plug & Play – Microfluidics for MedTech
AcouSort is an innovative Medical Technology startup listed on the Spotlight stock market. We are
specialized in novel microfluidic platforms for sorting or manipulating cells using ultrasound. The
AcouSort team collaborates with major global Life Science companies to develop OEM solutions as well
as stand-alone benchtop research systems.
We are now seeking a new team member with strong competencies in mechanical design and
On the lookout for a Swiss knife
We don’t do business with the military, but Swiss knives may be used in other fields as well. The pocketknife is a multi-tool, and we are likewise looking for a multi-facetted person well-equipped with tools
- Experience in transforming complex technologies to innovative and robust high-volume plug & play
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration cross-functionally where you will be exposed to disciplines
such as biotech, microfluidics, software, QA, etc.
As our mechanical Swiss knife, you will be responsible for:
- Mechanical design and development within new product development as well as continuous
improvement projects. This includes innovation to the development of consumable cartridge
solutions containing glass chips as well as the fluidics surrounding it.
- Develop and build prototypes and test their function
- Maintain the PDM system at AcouSort
- Design for Manufacturing
We are specialists working together as a strong team. We all take on responsibility and pitch in within our
various areas. We are naturally curious, work diligently with focus on details and are committed to finalizing
projects with strong results. We look forward to bringing our new team member on board.
- Mechanical Engineer (M.Sc.) or equivalent with hands-on mechanical design experience preferably
within the MedTech industry
- Proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Design and manufacturing skills of fluidic and microfluidic systems are a strong asset
- Automation and Control Engineering are an asset
- Design for Six Sigma certification is an asset
- English, oral and written at negotiation level, Swedish is an asset
You will report to Productization Manager Magnus Hivert. The position as Mechanical Design Engineer is a full-time position.
Further information and application
For further information regarding the position, please contact Birgit O’Sullivan. Tel +45 5122 1979.
Send your application with CV and relevant diplomas marked: Mechanical Design Engineer – AcouSort to
email@example.com. There is no fixed deadline, as there will be an ongoing assessment.
All enquiries and applications will of course be handled confidentially and according to GDPR-guidelines.
About AcouSort AB
AcouSort AB is an innovative technology company focusing on developing products and solutions for
integrated handling of biological samples. By using ultrasound, the company’s devices can fractionate
blood cells, up-concentrate, wash and dye cells, exosomes and bacteria from biological samples. The
technology behind the Company’s products is called acoustofluidics where ultrasound in combination
with micro fluidics enables automated sample preparation within applications from research on new
biomarkers to development of novel diagnostic tools for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics.
Our products enable more efficient research and development of POC tests as well as new diagnostic
systems and therapeutic processes addressing some of the most challenging disease areas, such as
cancer, infections, and cardiovascular disease.
AcouSort’s technology and its R&D team are spun out from Lund University. The company collaborates
closely with major international life science players.
After a successful IPO, the company was listed on Spotlight in January 2017.
Please read more at www.acousort.com.