JOB: Mechanical Design Engineer
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY – MICROFLUIDICS – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
AcouSort is a small company developing microfluidic platforms for sorting cells using ultrasound for medical diagnostics. We are a small team of dedicated engineers and are now seeking to complement our team with a competence in mechanical design and engineering.
This new position requires strong competencies including experience in transforming novel and complex technologies to robust high-volume plug & play solutions. Your role offers a great opportunity to cooperate and share knowledge cross-functionally and will be exposed to other disciplines such as biotech, microfluidics, software, QA, etc. You will be working directly with leading scientists and R&D departments in Sweden and abroad.
- Participate in designing and developing both instruments and OEM devices for cell separations using ultrasound
- Take novel technology from research to product
- Plan production of instruments and devices
- Identify and implement mechanical design standards to ensure functionality, quality, delivery and cost at all times
- Mechanical Engineer (M.Sc.) or equivalent
- Documented hands-on mechanical design experience, preferably from medtech industry
- Experience with electrical and software design is an asset
- Experience with medical technology (including regulatory issues), fluidics, Quality Assurance, and interface analysis of total construction
- Project Management experience and skills
- English, oral and written at negotiation level, Swedish is an asset
- Taking on and growing with responsibility
- Being a team-player with a knowledge sharing approach
- Natural curiosity about other academic disciplines and new techniques
- Structured with attention to details
- Commitment to following projects to the end and seeing results.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will report to CEO Torsten Freltoft. The position as Mechanical Design Engineer is a full-time position.
Further Information and application
For further information regarding the position, please contact O’Sullivan Consulting: Birgit O’Sullivan (Tel +45 5122 1979, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your application with CV in English and relevant diplomas marked: ”Mechanical Design Engineer” to email@example.com. There is no fixed deadline, as there will be an ongoing assessment.
All enquiries and applications will of course be handled confidentially.
About AcouSort AB
AcouSort AB is a small biotech / medtech company based in Lund. The company has developed a platform technology using acoustophoresis – an innovative microfluidic method to separate, sort and enrich cells and other particles for bioanalysis using sound. This technology is used for research in diagnostics of diseases such as cancer and sepsis (blood poisoning).
AcouSort’s technology and its R&D team are spun out from Lund University. The company collaborates closely with major international life science players.
AcouSort is the only company of its kind, jointly developing acoustophoresis for a broad range of clinical and medical applications. After a successful IPO, the company was listed on AktieTorget in January 2017.